Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sunday

.
Well Sunday morning came and I had every intention to get back on track with the eating. Well first thing I will say is holly crap do my legs and shoulders hurt. Not surprised about the legs but I didn't realize how much you use your shoulders when you sprint. Makes sense though when you think about how you move your arms when you sprint (or maybe I am just doing it wrong).

So all these left overs around the kitchen so I didn't do such a great job of getting back on track. We hung out all day (oh, by the way no soccer this whole weekend). After procrastinating for most of the day I did get out for a run. The plan was to do a long run so I finally got out of the house for the run around 4:30 pm. I headed out for a 10 miler. Since the 1/2 Mary on Sept 16 this was only my 4th run. I had my Cytomax, Gu, and Clif Bar with me. The plan was to go real slow which I did. I ran about 9 1/4 of the 10 miler and with the walking my pace was about 11:30 per mile. Burned many calories and I do think if I would have logged my calories for the day I would have been under 1500 NET but it would have been close. It was nice to get out and run long again.

Well I am typing this on Monday morning and am happy to say I am back to logging my food today and hope to get out for about 6 miles run today.

3 comments:

Pat said...

The track day for the family sounds great. Good to see you got your long run in too.

You get to add a lady to your Biggest Loser team. Need to do it before tomorrows show.

IronWaddler said...

good job on getting back on track. It's tough on the weekends.

Jeff said...

Nice run, Dan. I think there's a lot to be said for going to parties at somebody else's house!