Friday, June 8, 2007

My week early Fathers Day Gift


Finally I got one… Well should I say had one? Kim came home last night with my Fathers day gift. And once she buys a gift she has to give it to me rather than waiting for the day it is for. So I see the Dicks Sporting Good bag in her hand and I figure it is a Garmin of some sort. And low and behold it was the Garmin 305 that I have been dropping subtle hints about. So here it is the gift I wanted so bad and for so long. But I immediately think how much did you pay for this at a Dicks? Knowing that I can get it online for about $225.00 or so. So I ask and she tells me $350.00. Okay what do I do now? I know that I can pull this out of the box now and use it in no time. Or I can bring it back to the store and order it online and have in a few days. Well $125.00 was just too much for me to not take it back. So we agreed that I would take back and order one from the internet. I did take it back immediately so that I could order one and get as quick as possible.

So I took it back to Dicks and came home and ordered from Amazon for I think about $220.??. Plus I figured with the money I was saving I would splurge for next day shipping (I will have it Monday) for $10.99. I know it was the right thing to do and I have waited this long but I had it in my hands last night. Now I can’t wait to get it and look so forward to training with it.

Kim said I made her day with how excited I was with the gift. She said she thinks it is the most excited I have been with a gift from her. She has gotten me some great gifts in the past but I think she is right that I was pretty excited last night.




4 comments:

bigmike600 said...

Be prepared to be amazed by this thing. I have the 301 and it is awesome. Would not run without it.

Unknown said...

You will never be sorry - its my absolute favorite toy.

Bigun said...

niiiiiiiiiice! I don't go anywhere without my "old school" 301...

Pat said...

That's an incredible price at Amazon. I just emailed my wife the page.

pat

I think I'm gonna be doing the same thing. Making a return at Sports Authority.

pat