Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Happy Hump Day

Last night I got to the gym and did 3 miles on the DREADMILL. I don’t mind the treadmill that much in the winter, but come spring and summer I have a real dislike for it. Yes I am the guy that would rather run in 100 degree heat of the afternoon then to run in 15 degree dead of the winter. I did have the new Steve Runner Pod Cast to get me through it. But with the busy schedule we have (due to Karate) I sometimes can’t get out until 9 pm and at that point it is to dark out to run in the streets. I think that is part of me having such a bad week of running miles last week. That plus I am not really training for anything at this point. OK throw in the fact that I didn’t get picked for NYC marathon and that just snow balled into a bad week. But that was last week and that is behind me now. We can’t go back we can only go forward.

This morning I got in some weight training (in the garage). I only did chest and biceps, I subscribe to the thinking that anything is better than nothing. I will try to do a run, bike, and run tonight at the gym. On Wednesday I go back to work at night for a few hours and then just head to the gym after that. We are having a party on Saturday so Kim may need me to come home after work to hit the food store to get some last minute things. So if any of you are in the South Jersey area on Saturday feel free to stop by.

As for training for something I think I need to sign up for a few 5K’s and the Philly Distance Run in September. The PDR would be my first ½ Mary and would give me a great race to focus my training on. I should also look at a few DU’s as well. That will do it for now, as Wednesday mornings are pretty busy in this house (Wednesday and Friday mornings are crazy).


As far as weight loss is concerned, Wednesday's are my official weigh in and I stayed the same this week. I am at 222.2 (deuces wild). Not bad for the amount I ate from Friday night through Fathers Day.


3 comments:

bigmike600 said...

Gotta love the treadmill. NOT. I only get on that thing when I absolutely have to and sometimes it's all we got. At least you worked up a lather and got the legs moving. The half mary I want to do is the day before my favorite Duathlon so I may have to find another one to do this year. I really want the half mary.

Di said...

Oh. I am so with you about the dreadmill. I have never liked them. Ever. We got an elliptical instead. I like it a lot better. Ofcourse, I haven't stepped up on it for, well, lets just say, a really long time. You are right about the training, a little is better than none. Wish we were going to be in Jersey, we'd stop by for a cocktail!

Anonymous said...

DREADMIll...love that term. Signed, fellow runner with a love-hate relationship with the treadmill.