Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Summers Over

OK the good thing about Summer being over is, that I am going to get my eating back under control. I actually started that process today. I logged all my food with Calorie King, I have been a member for about 1 1/2 years over there. But have not been logging over the last 2-3 months.

A few of my eating goals are as follows.

1. Drink more water (you can really not get enough water).
2. Drink less coffee (I only drink when at work - need to cut down to two cups during work).
3. As mentioned log my food everyday.
4. Log "Good" food.
5. Don't eat past 9 pm.
6. I as trying for between 1200 and 1500 "NET CALORIES"

Happy to say that today was a very good day, and I hit all the above goals.


Making the most of Soccer Practice.

Liam had Soccer practice from 6 -7 tonight that I was taking him to, while Kim brought the girls to karate practice. And knowing that when I got home it would be too late for Kim and I to both get a run in, I ran 3 miles while Liam practiced. The fields where he was practicing at tonight is just short of a mile in circumference. So I put the Garmin on and let the coach know I was going to be running but will be on the property if he needs me. I got home and Kim was able to take her run. A WIN, WIN SITUATION.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Back on the wagon is good.
Coffee is icky. Diet Coke tastes MUCH better. I'm just sayin....

Is 1200-1500 enough Kcals for you? Seems low.... I shoot for 1600-1800 myself.

bigmike600 said...

Dan
You had a great summer and I have been envious of your times and the amount of miles you have put on this year. Thanks for the motivation and the accountability factor.

Bigun said...

summer's over - what?!?! It was balls-hot today - the summer aint over yet! Not until, like, November, right?

Jeff said...

Great goals, Dan. 12-1500 seems a bit light to me too, especially if you're trying to get a run in.

I'm dreading the cold weather coming around the corner.

Jeff said...

Great goals, Dan. 12-1500 seems a bit light to me too, especially if you're trying to get a run in.

I'm dreading the cold weather coming around the corner.

Di said...

sounds like a great way to kill 2 birds with one stone!!