Friday, September 21, 2007

Not a Brick but still a run and a swim

.
Lets cut to the chase - if you are here because of Di's post you want to go to the post below and check out the 2nd picture in that post. Oh if you are a dude you probably don't want to go there.

Well, I don't think it counts as a "Brick" but I did get in a run and a swim last night. I did the bring Liam to soccer practice and use the time wisely and do a 3 mile run while there. It's about one mile around the complex so a nice easy 3 laps and I can still watch half the practice. Did the run from circa 6 pm to 6:30 pm. Then brought him home and got my stuff together and off to the pool. Got to the pool at around 8 pm and felt about 110% more confident than I was on Tuesday (my first swim). Yesterday I wrote about that swim and you can see it here. But the Cliff Notes of that swim are 28 laps of 25 yards each, and I was dying after that. Well now last night I went 40 laps at 25 yards each. And got to tell you I felt very good after the swim. Probably could have done a little more. I did have an eye on the clock and that took me about 30 minutes to complete. And again I stopped for about 3 seconds and kicked off on each lap. Still no goggles, and very bad form. But it is getting better, and I got to tell you I am liking the swimming. The plan will be to swim 2 nights a week and by next Tri season I should be set to do some damage.

Hey, I had to give the guys something to look at also.




6 comments:

bigmike600 said...

Man it's even tougher to swim with a rudder going. Nice job on the swim.

Di said...

she is so gay

Pat said...

yeah, di I was thinking the same thing, but in a different way. LOL.

Seriously, how can you stay in the lane without goggles?

Duane said...

Great job on the swimming!!!!

IronWaddler said...

Good swim.

Di said...

Pat - funny, Bigun thought it wouldn't be bad either if she were gay! lol