Wednesday, March 19, 2008

2nd Attempt at NYC Marathon

Here is the e-mail confirming I am entered into the NYC Marathon Lottery. This is my 2nd attempt at the lottery and if I do not get in this year or next I am guaranteed entry into 2010. I think I would like to try this year. Don't think I woudl have been ready last year but wanted to start the lottery process. Of course I would have got the chance to run with Katie Holmes - Loved her on Dawsons Creek (I didn't just say that out loud did I)?

Dear Daniel D Seifring Jr,

We have received your application for the 2008 ING New York City Marathon.

Your entry number is 247024. Please include this number and your name in any correspondence pertaining to the marathon. To check your entry status, or to update/change personal information, click http://webapps.ingnycmarathon.org/marathonregistration and enter the username and password that you created within the application.


If you believe you are eligible for guaranteed entry, please e-mail marathonmailer@nyrr.org before May 1 deadline with a short note explaining your reasons. We'll get back to you shortly.
The lottery for U.S. applicants will be held in mid-June, and the international lottery will be held in mid-May. Results will be posted on our web site and we will e-mail all accepted entrants and process their fees upon acceptance.

For more information about the ING New York City Marathon, please visit http://www.ingnycmarathon.org. Race history, general marathon training advice, and a course simulation are all available now. Travel offers and participant information will be posted prior to the lotteries.

Thank you for your interest in the 2008 ING New York City Marathon, and best of luck.



20 comments:

Iron Eric said...

Good luck to ya.

Jeff said...

Good luck, Dan.

I was thinking about signing up too. I'll see how Frederick goes first. Would love to do one BIG one.

J~Mom said...

Good luck!! I am going to enter that lottery someday!

ShoreTurtle said...

Good luck meeting Katie.

Good luck with this year's entry!

I'm hoping to run NYC in 2009.

monica said...

DOH!!! that reminds me. i gotta enter again!!!

monica said...

p.s. crossing my fingers for you. i've already run it 3 times. it's your turn now!!!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Dawson's Creek! You may want to edit that post, good luck. I'm hoping for the Mega-Millions lottery.

Topher said...

Crossing fingers for you. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Crossing fingers and toes for you. Hope you get in. It should be a blast. Just remember, if one door closes, another door will open.

bigmike600 said...

I have a good feeling about your entry Dan. You'll get in, or I'll go bust a cap in someone for ya.

Just kidding on the busting a cap remark. I do think you'll get in.

Mike said...

Good Luck Dan!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Best of luck, Dan!!

Marcy said...

I'm crossing my fingers for the both of us :-)

Collin Kromke said...

FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Bob A said...

Here's hoping you are selected. While I don't desire to run a marathon, the New York marathon has always had a certain appeal.

Mnowac said...

ooooh exciting! Good luck.

Di said...

LUCK!!!!!

Tri-Dummy said...

I hope you get in, Homey.

Bob said...

Hope you get in!

ShoreTurtle said...

Have you given any thought to the NYC half marathon in July? You get to run from Central park, through time square to battery park.

I submitted an entry for this year's lottery.