Tuesday, March 11, 2008

2008 Week 10

Week 10


03/03/2008 - 03/09/2008


Swim - 3,600 yards 1 hr 45 min (3 workouts) Since I still swim with my head above water I have been really concentrating on doing breathing drills this past week. I will continue to do that along with kick board drills.


Bike - 8.8 miles 30 min (1 workout) Stationary bike workout.


Run - 6 miles 1 hr 2 min (2 workouts) These were all done as the 2nd. part of brick workouts both treadmill runs.


Lifting/Core - 0 minutes ( 0 workouts)


Notes - This was a pull back week for me, I pulled back a little more than I was supposed to but oh well. I am back at it this week. This week calls for about 6 swim workouts - I think I will only be able to get in 5 as I can't swim on Monday (this may change as I may sign the kids up for the pool I changed to) and I do not have access to a pool on Sunday. So I will go for Tuesday - Saturday on the swim.

I am officially 12 weeks out from my first 1/2 Ironman (technically only my 2nd Tri). I can't say I am confident where I am with my fitness level but I am determined to do it. And as previously mentioned I am just trying to finish.

We did get some potential bad news on my Mom but I will wait until she meets with her Doctor on Wednesday before I say anything more on that.




10 comments:

Jeff said...

Pretty good week anyway for a pull back. I tell 'ya, it's tough finding the time to get all this stuff in -- can't imagine needing to add the swim, too.

Unknown said...

OK Dan. Put your head in the water. It pops your hips up to the surface and makes swimming WAY easier. trust me, I was once a fish, and a swim instructor.

Pretty good week there!

J~Mom said...

I am confused about your head? I need a visual. Is it more comfortable that way?

I am hoping for the best for your mom. (((HUGS)))

Still looks like some decent numbers to me!

monica said...

6 swims in a week? i'm training for a full ironman, and at most, i have 4 a week. that's a lotta swimmin' dan!!

ALL GOOD THOUGHTS AND VIBES FOR YOUR MUM!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good week, Dan, and the next week will be a lot of swim days! I don't know if I'm ever completely satisfied with my weeks of training...almost always juggling days around or cutting some workouts short.

Hoping for the best for your mom :)

IronWaddler said...

Nice easy week.

Mnowac said...

Dan - what HIM training schedule are you using? I am struggling to find one that I like.

I am sorry to hear you have potential bad news about your mother. I hope it turns out to be false. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Tri-Dummy said...

Sorry but...you will be tearing up the 1/2 Iron.

Nuff said.

Mike said...

Good luck with the build up to HI ... can't wait to see how you get on :)

Nancy said...

Very nice for a pull back week. You are doing great. I'm confused about the head too. Sounds like you have a lot of fishy friends already giving you advice. :D

Sorry about mom. I hope things turn around for her.