Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My 15 minutes. Well about 1 1/2 minutes.

As you may or may not know I really enjoy doing my long run on Sunday mornings. This Sunday due to the camping trip my schedule was a little off and I got my run in the afternoon. My Sunday morning ritual is downloading the most recent Steve Runner podcast and doing my run to his new episode. After last weeks show he mentioned that this upcoming week he was going to talk about blogging. So I thought wow I should email him and let him know of the blogs that I follow, people that I draw inspiration from on a daily basis. I have a few listed on the left side here of my blog and have many more that I go to (I just have been too lazy to update the list). Well you know how that goes, it sounds good at the time but I never got around to sending Steve the email.

So imagine my surprise when at the end of this week’s podcast I hear “and this week’s featured blog of the week is OBRATS.” What, am I hearing things? WOW what a great honor to hear my blog mentioned on this podcast. After just hearing Steve mention that his podcast has been voted the best sports related podcast for like the last 18 months now.

Steve read some of the information from my profile and had some very complimentary things to say about my writings and my life changes. Again it was a great honor and not sure I deserve it but I do appreciate it. So if you are reading this blog because of Steve Runners podcast please take a minute (OK it will take longer than a minute) and visit the blogs on the left. I will really try to update to include all the fine people I visit on a daily basis. Because trust me these people are also doing some amazing things and are making the World a better place.

As for me, I just hope that if I have inspired anyone that I can continue to do so. Because I do believe it is not enough to just make changes to ones self but you should really try to make changes for the good of all men and women. Yeah I know I am only doing a silly blog and not out fighting for world peace or finding the cure for cancer. I will leave that to people who are way smarter than me, trust me I know my limitations. But what I hope to do is maybe help a young child’s Mother or Father realize that they can make changes in their life to lose weight or maybe lower their risk for a heart attack, so that they can be there to see their child grow up. I know it is corny to say but if I can help one person live longer than it was worth it. Hey who knows maybe the one person I help grows up and finds the cure for cancer.

I knew an older man who is now left us who used to ware a shirt that read “each one teach one”. And really that is what it is all about educating one another. But like my blog line says “YOU have to WANT to do it.” So if you want to do it check out the people on the left and do as I do check the links that they have you quickly realize there are many people out there making changes and that you are capable of making great changes as well.



6 comments:

Di said...

Dan, your positive attitude is what makes your blog so great! You ARE an inspiration to those who didn't think they could do it and to those who ARE doing it! Great job and congrats Mr Superstar!!

Di said...

(tee hee) and I'm in the margin!!! Thank you!! teehee

bigmike600 said...

Nice job Dan. You pretty much hit that right on the head. Number one is you have to want to do it and for the right reasons. And while it may not look like we are making changes for the good of all mankind, we are. We have all found each other and have been able to encourage each other and motivate all of us to be the best we can every day and in everything we do. You and the rest of the blogging community make the world a better place for us. Nice job on getting the shout out and now I have to go and download that podcast. I have usually listened to music when I run but there are so many that listen to this podcast that I am going to have to check it out. Hope you had a good run after hearing your name on that podcast.

bigmike600 said...

Oh I forgot. Check out the new link I have on my blog for the guy named Shump. He has lost like 150 pounds and is doing tri's now. Sometimes in his blog he gets a little down on himself about the dieting and he might benefit from your advice too. Good Job D.

Unknown said...

Awesome post Dan.
Congrats on your 15 minutes of fame - enjoy it!

L*I*S*A said...

WOWZA...great read, Dan. You deserve your time in the spotlight!!