1. Vacation - we had a great time on vacation. I will not bore you with all the details (your welcome). But we took a Carnival Cruise from NYC to St. John (Canada). Kim and I have cruised together before kids but this was the kids first cruise. They really enjoyed it but last year we went to Disney so to them Disney was much better. I ate a lot, which I knew I would. I gained about 8-10 pounds and came back at 234. Have since seen that come down to 227 (this morning). So I am getting back to the 220-225 range. Would really like to come into next year race season at 200-205. Yes I am staying a Clydesdale for sure (I love food to much to think I will ever be 180-190 pounds). And our dog/house sitter worked out good (not great but good). And on a positive I did manage to run 2 times on the treadmill on the ship. Did 3 miles both times just under a 10 min pace.
2. Race Anniversary - Yes this weekend is my one year race anniversary. I did the Batsto Village 5K last year. It was a small race that I thought I would come in at about 34-35 minutes but did manage to do a 32:13. The cool thing about this race is that last year not only was it my first race it was the first year they had the race. So I have to do this every year now. It is an out and back and I remember from last year this big down hill at the start. And knowing that we had to climb that hill to finish. I am hoping for 27:30 this year, so we will see how that goes.
3. Thursday Night 5K - Did my Browning Ross Summer Sizzler 5K last night. Was not going to push hard on this run as I know I want to go for a PR on Sunday. It was the biggest turnout that I have seen for this race. Looks like a lot of High School Cross Country kids are starting to show up. So I start at the back and just do a nice slow pace. Ended up 29:40 so hit my only goal that I set which was under 30:00.
4. Bike Fitting - The fiting itself was not bad but I walked out of the store thinking I just got sold big time. I knew I needed all this stuff but man did I really need $170.00 shoes and $44.00 insoles for the shoes? The other stuff was not that bad but the shoes and the insoles left a bad taste in my mouth and my wallet.
5. Triathlon - Against many of people telling me different I am entering my first Triathlon. Yes I know I have not swam but you know what? I am stupid and I do stupid things. That is not going to change at the age of 38. I am going to do the Tuckahoe Triathlon on August 19th. Obviously this is a sprint tri and to be honest the shortest distance's I could find for a tri. the swim is 1/4 mile, bike is 12 miles and the run is only 2 miles. So there I said it I am gonig to do this. I am a firm beleiver of the saying "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger". Well we will see about that.