Sunday, April 26, 2009

My 1st leg of the American Odyssey Relay.



American Odyssey Relay Run and Adventure.


My first leg was a 4.62 mile run. I took the hand off from Matt who just kicked ass on a very hilly portion of the course. To be honest up until we hit the C&O Canal the whole course was hilly to a certain extent. I got to run under a covered bridge. Right after the bridge was a ridiculous hill. But I checked my map and my turn was right after the bridge before the hill. I was so happy for that. My teammates pulled up next to me in the van and gave me a nice cold water. Then I saw a St. Bernard behind a fence that I had the van take pictures of for me. Then the van asked if I needed anything and since I didn't I told them to go ahead to the next transition. I did have a hill around mile 2 and I ran the hill and then walked for a quick drink. Rest of the run was pretty uneventful and pretty flat, to down hill. I go to transition and handed off to Taryn for a leg that I didn't know at the time but soon found out while driving to the next transition was filled with crazy hills.

Activity
Route:--Elev. Avg:639 ft
Location:Fairfield, PAElev. Gain:+13 ft
Date:04/24/09Up/Downhill: [+226/-213]
Time:11:41 AMDifficulty:2.4 / 5.0
Performance

Distance: 4.62 miles

Time:0:50:05
Speed:5.5 mph

Pace:10' 50 /mi

Calories:896

Notes
My 1st. Leg of the AOR.
Map
Elevation (ft)
Pace (min/mile)
Splits
MilePace (min/mile)Speed (mph)Elevation
Gain
actual+/- avgactual+/- avg
19' 56-0' 546.0+0.5+66 ft
211' 16+0' 265.3-0.2+26 ft
311' 17+0' 275.3-0.2-30 ft
410' 58+0' 085.5-0.1-42 ft
end10' 47-0' 035.6+0.0-7 ft
Versus average of 10' 50 min/mile

Posted from bimactive.com

6 comments:

Pat said...

sounds like everyone had a blast. I wish I could have been there.

Jeff said...

Guess we all thought that first hill was yours. Great trip, Dan.

Missy said...

This sounds like something I need to check out...a relay you say?

Iron Eric said...

What a neat event. I love the old photo.

My Life said...

You had some great runs this weekend Dan! And I love that you made us stop to take a pic of the dog!

Unknown said...

cheap jerseys free shipping
cheap nba jerseys