Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mom update.

.

I know I am over due for an update on my Mom so here are the cliff notes. The last few weeks she has been going through a lot of tests. Trips to Sloan Kettering in NYC and Basking Ridge NJ (Much easier trip from Old Bridge). The deal is this, my Mom does have Lung Cancer, the Doctors think they have caught it early which is obviously a good thing. Another positive is that the biopsy on her Lymph Nodes came back negative. Yesterday she had a brain scan and we should get the results today or tomorrow. All and all my Mom has been putting on a good front around me and my sisters. There are days if we call and my Father tells us she can't talk that we know she is having a bad day but all and all she is doing OK.

Again I thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I do appreciate them.



11 comments:

J~Mom said...

I am thinking of your family!!

Anonymous said...

You are definitely in my prayers and wishes. My mom had lung cancer, but it was not caught early. Thing is, she had no symptoms until it was too late. She was already in stage 4 and it had spread to the lymph nodes.

I'm so glad to hear they caught your mom's early and that the biopsy on her lymph nodes was negative. I pray for more positive news in the days to come for your family :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

You and your family are in my prayers.

Bob said...

Still praying...hang in there!

Mnowac said...

So so glad to hear that the biopsy came back negative! THat is great news. You and your family are in my prayers.

IronWaddler said...

Prayer to you and your family. Hope all the test come back negative. THe treatments available are amazing and you are at a great place.

Unknown said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayer. From what I have read yours, it is obvious that your Mother's prognosis for recovery is EXCELLENT. The truth is that the future will be brighter than ever. Hang in there! I have a strong instinct that the test will come out negative. Stay strong!

monica said...

sending positive vibes ALWAYS!!!

Bigun said...

me too...good vibes your way for you mom....

have a great week!

Di said...

Dan, sorry to hear about your Mom. Sending lots of love and well wishes to you and your family!

Cheryl said...

I'm keeping your mom and your family in my prayers, too! So sorry she is going through this, but glad they caught it early. Wishing all the best for her!