Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy Hump Day

.
Swim

Nothing at all to report. I am just concentrating on getting back on track with the running miles and getting ahead of the Pace Bunny (you will see the bunny later).

Cycling

See swimming above. I did get my trainer last week and it is very nice, VERY NICE. I have tested it but no serious workouts on it yet. Amazingly Kim didn't agree with me that it is fine in the family room. So WE agreed that it would go to the Theater Room. I plan to get some of these cycling DVD's so will be pretty cool using the trainer with some cycling DVD's on the 92 inch TV.

Running

As I said above I am catching the Pace Bunny. If you use Running Ahead you can join different groups and one group I am in is the 1000 miles for 2007. And they have a cool chart where you can see how you are doing and if you are on pace. Earlier in the year I was way ahead of pace and then I slowly lost my cushion and then after the 1/2 marathon took too much time off and fell behind the bunny by about 40 miles or so. But I have been catching him and I am currently only 14 miles behind. He adds about 2.8 miles a day and I plan on doing about 6 miles tomorrow so I should make another dent.




Monday was no workout (never is) and Tuesday and Wednesday were both 4 mile treadmill runs.

Eating

The Halloween candy is winning the battle but I am doing OK with the main meals. I will try not to do too much damage over the next few days (you will soon here about those days).

Life

Since Kim and the kids are off from work and school Thursday and Friday I took 2 vacation days and we are headed to Baltimore for for a few days. We will visit the Baltimore Aquarium and a few other KID places. I will run tomorrow morning before we leave and we will be returning Saturday afternoon so I should only miss Friday and to be honest it is not that uncommon for me to make Friday a rest day anyway.

Blogging

I use Google Reader for all the blogs I follow. Let me just say I have a lot of blogs that I lurk so I am currently at a back log of about 40. But with not much checking over the next two days I am sure I am going to be over 100 that I will have to get caught up with.

Tri Teammate

I have mentioned Mike before but his weekend is finally here. Mike will be racing in the IM 70.3 World Championship in Clearwater Florida on Saturday. If you get a chance check out his Sunday post it is a must read for Triathlete's as he gives you his PRE RACE REPORT.


8 comments:

Emil Von Runner said...

I heard you missed biggest loser. If you want to see it there is a way. I don't know if you know about bittorent, but it is way to download things (albums, tv shows, movies). bittorent.org is a good place to learn about it. The legality is questionable, but I guarantee it is available. If you need any help finding a bittorent client or site to download from I can help, aphex38@hotmail.com.

Spandex King said...

92 inches!!!! Oh great, now I suffer from TV envy. I would never leave the theater room and my workout program would surely stop.

Steve Bezner said...

Dan,

Congrats on your weight loss. I ran across your article on the internet.

I thought I would drop you a line as I've gone down a very similar path. I once weight 330 pounds and have taken up this crazy running sport as well.

Good Luck on your quest to become a Tri-Athlete. I'll be adding your blog to my Google reader as well!

Cheers!
Steve

Anonymous said...

Too bad you aren't staying down here till Sunday. You could hit the MD Zoo, where the days is starting with the annual Zoo Zoom 5-miler. :)

Pat said...

I use runningahead and I didn't know about the groups. I'll have to check it out.

bigmike600 said...

Dude a 92 inch TV is something I can't even fathom. I'd freakin die if I saw a tv that big. I know how you feel. I have been swimming a lot but not running or biking.
Nice article. I commented too but obviously Jenny writes better than me and probably didn't use a crayon like I did.

Jeff said...

Sorry I missed your sendoff. Hope you're having a great weekend in B-more!

Liam O'Connell said...

great blog

triathlon is truly a life, not a sport.

keep going for you and others you inspire.

Liam